10 September, 2017

Some Memory, Never fade away.

 Helen Keller once said "So long as the memory of certain beloved  lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good."  I have lost my grandparents at an early age. Although I was a 10 year boy at that time I have some vivid memories with my grandparents. How I used to go to pond for long baths with my grandfather how he taught me swimming how we went to the local market on cycle to buy various things runs in front of my eyes.



At that time there was not a camera or a camera phone to capture those moments nor the social media to share our times but still I believe that those things we did at that time will remain in our memory forever.


Bathing at the village pond for hours and catching fish.- Like any other village the village pond used to be a little away. We went there sitting on m grandfathers bicycle. Those rides seems a luxury now. I still remember as soon as we see the pond we will jump from the cycle and run to the pond. Grandpa with his strict look try to restrict our timing but with our request he always agrees. while bathing we had another activity to do that is to catch fish with towels. Me and grandpa will hold the towel from both ends and will drag the towel to the shore and catch fish. We used to catch fish quite an amount that will be sufficient for the lunch. 

Fish fry of grandma- After reaching home the first thing will be grandmas complaint why we were so late and who asked us to fish. She will be quite angry that we might catch cold but after seeing our enthusiasm about how we caught fish she will clean them and fry for us to serve them during lunch.

Listening stories from them- Although my grandparents had not studied at all but they knew a lot about history and mythology. After dinner my grand parents told me various stories from past and mythology,.Those stories were so beautifully told that I can still visualise them even now.

Going to fairs during festivities- Makar Sankranti and Durga Puja were the two biggest festival in my grandparents village and nearby areas. We went to the village fair to buy toys and balloons, eat snacks and is another memory which is still clearly visible.


I wish I can relive those moments once again and spend those times again with my grandparents. But they are no more with us. But I know wherever they are they are happy and their blessings will be always with us. The simplicity and pureness of their heart is hard thing to find now a days.The unconditional love which they have given us will be cherished forever and the memory will never fade away till the last breath...............



watch this wonderful video about Lovejatao....



 I look forward to hear from you how would you celebrate Grandparents Day. Do share a selfie with your grandparents on Sept. 10, 2017 on Twitter or Facebook with #LoveJatao & tag @blogadda to win a goodie from Parachute Advansed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You